Sunday, September 28, 2008

California Academy of the Sciences in San Francisco


Well it is about time. I have been waiting patiently for this to happen. And it has. The brand new, state of the art, green(Leed certified) and cutting edge California Academy of the Sciences in San Francisco has opened opened its doors to the world. I have read much on this and I am going to check it out as soon as I have a chance. CAS-as it is known- was established as one of the first scientific museums on the west coast and is one of the 10 largest Natural Museums in the world and apparently one of the oldest in the U.S. Now come the 21st century and this Eco wonder of the world has a living roof and houses the new and improved Morrison Planetarium, and a "natural history museum", and an aquarium inter alia. Let's Go!

1 comment:

JBW said...

Watched a special on this a few weeks ago and I'm totally pumped; probably going to give it a month or so until it's not so mobbed though.